Senior Lawyer, Downtown Calgary
About the Firm:
Our Client is a well-established small law firm located in the heart of Downtown Calgary, committed to providing top-notch legal services to their clients. The firm specializes in serving small to medium-size clients, and the practice areas include corporate, commercial, corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions and securities regulation. With a focus on entrepreneurship, they take pride in fostering strong client relationships and delivering tailored legal solutions.
Our Client is seeking an experienced Senior Lawyer to join our client’s dynamic legal team. The ideal candidate should have 5-10 years of experience in handling legal files independently, from start to finish.
That said, our client remains flexible and would be open to over 10 years of experience, if the candidate is interested in being a Partner in the near future. As a Senior Lawyer at our client’s firm, you will play a crucial role in providing legal guidance to their entrepreneurial clients, mentoring junior lawyers and engaging in business development to expand their client base. We will provide relocation assistance to the qualified candidate.
- Manage legal files from inception to completion, ensuring all legal matters are handled with precision and professionalism.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze complex legal issues and develop creative solutions for clients’ challenges.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities to effectively manage and mentor junior team members when required.
- Engage in business development activities to attract new clients and maintain existing client relationships.
- Collaborate within the firm to develop tailored advice for clients.
- Contribute to the development of firm culture.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school.
- Active member of the Law Society of Alberta in good standing.
- 5-10 years of relevant legal experience.
- Proven experience managing legal files independently and efficiently.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated passion for business development and building strong client relationships.
- Enthusiasm for working with entrepreneurial clients and understanding their unique legal needs.
- Recent TSX/TMX or TSXV experience is a must.
- Desire to contribute to the growth of a collaborative, enthusiastic and supportive workplace.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A team-oriented environment focussed on collective success. environment.
- Exposure to a diverse client base.
For more information, please contact Catherine Brownlee, email@example.com