Cat’s Track #44 – Eric Bennett
Welcome to Cat’s Track Episode 44, with guest Eric Bennett.
Born and raised in Calgary, Eric made the decision to move his advisory practice to ScotiaMcLeod/Scotia Wealth Management in the spring of 2011. He brings with him more than 15 years of experience in the financial services industry, with a core focus on risk management and tax efficiency.
Eric holds a Bachelor of Applied Financial Services degree through a combined education from Mount Royal University here in Calgary and Lingnan University in Hong Kong.
In 2006, he was honored by the Hong Kong Canadian Business Association (HKCBA) with an award for excellence in international studies.
Some other notable achievements in 2019:
- Canadian Cancer Society – Prairie Leadership Award in Philanthropy
- Scotia McLeod – Share the Wealth – Second time Award Recipient
- Rotary Club of Calgary – President 2020-2021
- Harry G Schaeffer Mentorship Program – 5 Year Mentorship Award
Some current initiatives he is involved in are:
- Scotia McLeod – Share The Wealth: https://scotiamcleodcharitablefoundation.org/
- Co-Founder of Spin For Life – benefiting Canadian Cancer Society: www.spinforlife.ca
- Incoming President – Rotary Club Of Calgary: https://rotaryclubofcalgary.org/
- Harry G Schaeffer Mentorship Program, Mount Royal University: https://www.mtroyal.ca/AcademicSupport/ResourcesServices/StudentLearningServices/MentorshipProgram/index.htm
“I whole heartedly believe that volunteering is the rent you pay to occupy the space in a community.
Since Rotary found me over 10 years ago, it’s changed my entire world, both personally and professionally.
I originally thought it would be a place where I could prospect for wealthy clients, but quickly realized that surrounding myself with amazing people – all who are volunteering their time, talent and treasure to make the community (locally and globally) a better place, was an excellent way to shrink Calgary to “one degree of separation”. Since being asked to join, I’ve been involved with water and school projects in Cambodia, children’s education and microfinance projects in Uganda, and numerous local initiatives here in Calgary.
“Service Above Self” is the Rotary motto, and I strongly believe that if we focus on the wellbeing of others, and success of others, from all walks of life, inevitably success comes back to you in multiples. It’s a win win win situation.”