Cat’s Track #79 – Rob Lennard
Welcome to Cat’s Track Episode 79, with guest Rob Lennard.
The History Wrangler has been performing all his life starting back in Grade 5 when he performed with the Young Canadians of The Calgary Stampede at The Grandstand Show in front of over 20,000 people and Queen Elizabeth.
He has since performed in 5 Grandstand Shows, including one with the Calgary Stampede Band,and other high profile events including; the Opening Ceremonies of The Calgary 1988 Olympics, Grey Cup Half Time Show, the 100th Anniversary of the Turner Valley Oil Boom, 70th Anniversary of the Leduc Oil Boom, 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge and the 150th Birthday of St. Albert.
The History Wrangler has also performed for many dignitaries including , the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta, three Alberta premiers, the Prime Minister of Finland and King and Queen of Sweden. He also plays 6 instruments professionally and is an award winning Singer/Song writer with three of his Alberta history themed songs making it to the finals of the Calgary International Folk Festival Song Writing Contest.
1) Judge for the Governor General of Canada History Awards
2) Program Coordinator of the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta, Social Studies Education Student Award program. The program has grown to 6 universities and 2 colleges across Alberta.
3) Host of the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta, Alberta History Quiz Show, which shall be available to schools across Alberta in the fall of 2019.
4) Historian and Director of Education & Outreach, the Historic Bow Valley Ranche in Fish Creek Provincial Park.
5) Calgary & Central Alberta Heritage Fair Program Coordinator- this is part of a national program that over 60,000 young Canadians participate in.
6) Official Ambassador of The Cowboy Trail
7) Girl Guides Educator- The History Wrangler has delivered his Alberta Heritage Badge program to over 1,500 Girl Guides.