Financial Accountant / Project Administrator Calgary / In-Office
Our client is a forward-thinking organization focused on a vision for education that inspires students to be technology creators and innovators. As part of their commitment to connecting with industry and post-secondary institutions, they are seeking a motivated individual to join their team.
As the Financial Accountant / Project Administrator, you will play a crucial role in managing financial transactions and providing administrative support for projects. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in general accounting, QuickBooks, and a proven track record in project administration.
- As we have a building management component to this role, activities will include:
- Completing RFPs for the major building expenses
- Establishing/confirming building management procedures including a system to deal with tenant requests.
- Third party reporting as needed
- Accounting and tracking of expenses as per agreements, including preparing for an audit.
- Coordinating with other tenants to move into the building and managing access.
- Assisting with the hiring of a facilities manager
- Manage all aspects of accounting, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll processing, and general ledger maintenance.
- Utilize QuickBooks Online to maintain accurate financial records and generate financial reports as needed.
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis to support project planning and decision-making.
- Maintain project documentation, including contracts, invoices, and correspondence.
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure efficient project coordination, including scheduling, resource allocation, and task tracking.
- Prepare and process invoices, purchase orders, and expense reports.
- Support project teams in administrative tasks such as meeting coordination, travel arrangements, and communication with stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all financial and project-related regulations and policies.
- Perform general office administrative duties as required.
- 3-10 years of general accounting experience, including experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online is not a requirement, however, is a ‘nice to have.’
- 2-5 years of project administration experience, including project coordination and documentation management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in financial recordkeeping.
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and starts with ‘yes’.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Why Join Our Client
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and would fit right perfectly with this fast paced team.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and collaborative team.
- Commitment to professional development and growth.
- A positive and inclusive work environment.
Salary:** $75,000 per year
For more information, please contact Catherine Brownlee, firstname.lastname@example.org