Business Development Director – Vancouver
- With 3 offices in Canada and 1 in the U.S., our client is an aftermarket automotive sales distributor and part of a network of over 130 distributors worldwide
- They specialize in customer retention programs that drive loyalty and profitability for their clients
- They accomplish this through preventative maintenance awareness and world-class training.
- Our client has over 40 years of operating history and prides itself on solid customer relationships, a family atmosphere and a down-to-earth approach
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Director of Business and Sales within your region
- Develop and support Business Developers within your region
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners that propel both groups forward
- Report back to the General Manager and Director of Business and Sales
- Contribute to team meetings with both successes and challenges
- Train and coach Business Developers on product features and benefits, sales processes and retention
- Instill customer confidence in the efficacy of products through supporting live product demonstrations
- Work alongside Business Developers to help build and execute sales plans and processes to ultimately secure your region’s success, growth and development
- Design and execute goals and strategies for continued growth while providing excellent customer service to the company’s partners
- Identify potential threats and provide solutions to issues such as sales decline, customer conflicts, loss of business to competitors
- Use the company’s CRM and sales education tools to aid in both your personal and business development and ensure your team of Business Developers also take advantage of these tools
- Remain up to date with customer reports, company mileage reports and personal expense reports
- Ensure Business Developers regularly communicate with management, warehouse and delivery, and customers to ensure that company and customer goals are being met
- Follow up with Business Developers to ensure regular and proper use of available reporting
- 5+ years’ proven experience in business development or a similar B2B sales role
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others
- Motor vehicle license in good standing
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong English fluency – both written and verbal
- Automotive industry knowledge is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrate skills in goal setting, sales, business development, and people management. You must possess strong interpersonal skills, tactfulness, and problem-solving skills, and be a high-energy self-starter who is continually in the pursuit of excellence. This role does require someone with a competitive nature, yet proven to be a collaborative, proactive team player. Analytic, market research, business planning and management skills are all an asset. The ability to identify and pursue business partners, targeting both personal and company growth.
Occasional travel both domestically and internationally is required, this requires you to have a valid passport and be able to cross the border. Duties performed in a variety of locations including provided office space, customer locations and on the road. Personal vehicle required with company reimbursement.
Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time with adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform computer duties as well as perform live coaching sessions. Some duties may require bending, twisting, and lifting. Occasionally there is a need to lift, transport, and deliver products averaging 20-30 lbs.
Regional Business Developers.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Catherine Brownlee at email@example.com