Director of Business and Sales – University Place, Washington
Our Client is a sales company, and knows that their success is their sales force. To thrive in this role, you’ll need a sharp business mind and a proven sales record. You will be highly skilled in B2B sales, relationship building and prioritizing your workload. In this role you’ll be promoting our Client’s brand to ensure, as a team, they are meeting sales goals and company KPIs. With your business acumen, you will advance opportunities, develop, and foster relationships with a network of Business Developers and prospects while presenting the unique value of our Client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and support Business Developers within your region.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners that propel both groups forward.
- Report back to the General Manager and Senior Management Team.
- Contribute to team meetings with both successes and challenges.
- Train and coach Business Developers on product features and benefits, sales process, and retention.
- Instill customer confidence in the efficacy of Products through supporting live product demonstrations.
- Work alongside Business Developers to help forecast, build, and execute sales plans and processes to ultimately secure your region’s success, growth, and development.
- Design and execute goals and strategies for continued growth while providing excellent customer service to our partners.
- Present, sell, and establish SmartVMA programs to our qualified customers.
- Identify potential threats and provide solutions to issues such as sales decline, conflicts, loss of business to competitors.
- Use our Client’s CRM and sales education tools to aid in both your personal and business development. Ensure your team of Business Developers also take advantage of these tools.
- Remain up to date with customer reports, company mileage reports, and personal expense reports.
- Ensure Business Developers regularly communicate with management, warehouse and delivery, and customers to ensure that company and customer goals are being met.
- Follow up with Business Developers to ensure regular and proper use of available reporting.
- 5+ years’ proven experience in business development or a similar B2B sales role.
- Experience building and developing product lines in new markets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, automotive, or related fields.
- Proven ability to manage, coach, and mentor others.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong English fluency, both written and verbal.
- Automotive industry knowledge is an asset.
- Motor vehicle license in good standing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate skills in goal setting, sales, business development, and people management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and mentor others in a positive, motivating manner.
- A team player who has a competitive nature and the knowledge to use this skill to propel a team. Understands the importance of time management and is familiar with tools used to effectively manage time.
- Analytic, market research, business planning and management skills. Ability to identify and pursue business partners targeting both personal and company growth.
- Be a proactive, tactful, and proven problem solver. Continuously in pursuit of excellence.
- Fast paced evolving business requires the ability to be flexible with work hours including overnight travel in your market.
- Occasional international travel is required, which requires you to have a valid passport and be able to cross the border.
- Duties performed in a variety of locations including in provided office space, at customer locations and on the road.
- Personal vehicle required with company reimbursement.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time with adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform computer duties as well as perform live coaching sessions.
- Some duties may require bending, twisting and lifting.
- Occasionally need to lift, transport and deliver products averaging 20‐40 lbs.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Catherine Brownlee at firstname.lastname@example.org