Registered Nurse – Inpatient Unit (Etobicoke, Ontario)
Our client is recruiting for a permanent, full-time Registered Nurse for their PACU/Inpatient Unit.
- Graduate of a recognized nursing program.
- 2 to 3 years of current post-surgical nursing experience required; 5 years preferred.
- Current Ontario Registration
- Current BCLS
- ACLS preferred.
- PACU Certification
- Experience with admitting, discharging, etc.
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to handle a stressful environment in a positive manner
- Able to function independently and as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Venipuncture and IV Certification required
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control best practice
- Demonstrated knowledge in patient centre care approach and principles
- Demonstrated effective ability in interpersonal relationships, oral and written communication skills, organization skills, prioritizing, problem-solving, decision-making, facilitating teamwork and conflict resolution.
- Proof of COVID Vaccine not required.
- Accountable for the primary care of post-operative patients including Phase 1 and 2 Recovery
- Critical thinking through assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy in accordance with ORNAC standards and scope of practice pertaining to the peri-operative patient
- Embrace the challenge of prioritizing patient care demands in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, staff, volunteers and families
- Make imperative decisions, to take ownership of their actions, and use their critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the best interests of the patient
- Keeping patients safe and healthy is the highest priority
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and guidelines
- Embrace our learning culture and demonstrate ongoing commitment to professional development to enhance knowledge and skills
- Competitive pay rate
- Group benefits
- On-site parking
Our client is Canada’s largest trusted provider of independent surgical and multi-disciplinary medical centres across Canada. Working in close collaboration with hospitals, insurance providers, provincial and regional health organizations and workers’ compensation boards, they deliver high-quality care across Canada meeting the needs of patients, while alleviating capacity pressure on public health systems.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
For more information, please contact Catherine Brownlee, firstname.lastname@example.org