Surgical Services Leader – Regina
An exciting career opportunity awaits you with our Client. Our Client’s state-of-the-art surgical centre is hiring for an experienced Surgical Services Leader. We are looking for a high energy individual to join a positive and compassionate fast-paced work environment, who wants to make an impact in the lives of others.
The Surgical Services Leader will operate in accordance with the policies, values, standards, legal, and compliance objectives of the Centre and other independent bodies. This role reports to the Facility Manager and the Medical Director.
- In collaboration with the Health Care Team, build a culture that focuses on ensuring best practices to deliver the highest possible level of patient care, by developing and coordinating personal orientation, education, continuous quality of care standard and outcome evaluation measures.
- In collaboration with the Facility Manager, develop strategies to improve clinical processes, optimize timeliness of care and operating room efficiencies and utilization.
- Focus on appropriate material resources available for the provision of quality patient care, slate planning, and coordination of special supplies.
- In collaboration with the Facility Manager, support human resources, to ensure the cost-effective and productive use of resources, selection, development, assessment, and evaluation of staffing requirements.
- Assessment of staff development plans for all clinical staff and coordinate planning with the Facility Manager of any identified educational needs.
- Undertake Quality Assurance initiatives in partnership with the Facility Manager, by following College Standards.
- Review of current equipment and supplies, and acquisition of required items.
- 40% of time is spent in the Operating Room circulating and scrubbing for various procedures.
- Oversee medication management and ordering.
- Support Facility Manager during time of absence and as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in good standing with a Canadian governing body.
- 8-10 years of directly related Operating Room experience, with proof of Perioperative Certificate.
- Leadership experience in an OR setting and PACU exposure preferred.
- Understanding and compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Knowledgeable with the emerging trends in surgical care.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Proof of COVID Vaccine not required.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
With a legacy spanning over 30 years, our Client is one of Canada’s largest and longest-serving broad based private surgery service providers. They have helped over 350,000 patients obtain access to much needed surgery and diagnostics.
Our Client specializes in:
- General Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Pediatric Dental
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Work/Life Balance: We operate during regular business hours, which means more time to spend with your family.
Remuneration: We offer a competitive salary and compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage. There are NO union dues, free parking and the ability to retire as you wish. We believe in our People: We promote from within and are very passionate about career advancement. We are committed to fostering a secure and rewarding work to meet your personal and professional goals. We believe in a safe, diverse and respectful workplace. We believe that the more diversity we have in our workplace, the greater that we can all gain from different experiences and perspectives.
One Company: As our journey continues, we will strive to reshape the Canadian Health Care system, through strategic partnerships with the local health regions, with a focus on increasing accessibility and reducing wait times. We are founded with the vision that there must be a better way than the traditional system.
One Team: Our people are the difference. They are recognized by their peers as knowledgeable, experienced, and passionate.
One Goal: Our goal has always been to find innovative solutions to deliver ambulatory procedures, in partnership with the local health regions.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Catherine Brownlee at firstname.lastname@example.org