LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse): Ophthalmology – Saskatoon
With a legacy spanning over 30 years, Our Client is Canada’s largest and longest-serving broad based private surgery service provider. They have helped over 300,000 patients obtain access to much needed surgery and diagnostics. An exciting career opportunity awaits you at their state-of-the-art Prairieview location for an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse – Ophthalmology.
They are looking for a high energy individual to join a positive and compassionate fast-paced work environment, who wants to make an impact in the lives of others.
They specialize in:
- General Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Pediatric Dental
Why should you work for our Client?
Work/Life Balance: Our Client operates during regular business hours (and the occasional weekend), which means more time to spend with your family.
Remuneration: Our Client offers a competitive salary and compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage. They also offer a relocation package and a signing bonus. There are NO union dues, free parking and the ability to retire as you wish.
They believe in their People: Our Client promotes from within and are very passionate about career advancement. They are committed to fostering secure and rewarding work to meet your personal and professional goals. They believe in a safe, diverse and respectful workplace. They believe that the more diversity they have in their workplace, the greater that they can all gain from different experiences and perspectives.
One Company: Our Client strives to reshape the Canadian Health Care system, Through strategic partnerships with the local health regions, with a focus on increasing accessibility and reducing wait times. They are founded with the vision that there has to be a better way than the traditional system.
One Team: Our Client believes people are the difference. They are recognized by their peers as knowledgeable, experienced and passionate.
Their Goal: Our Client’s goal has always been to find innovative solutions to deliver ambulatory procedures, in partnership with the local health regions.
- Admit patient from Waiting Room to Block Room: Confirms patient name, surgery being performed, surgeon and allergies, consent is correct and signed; Alerts OR and Anesthesia to important allergies and prepares for changes that need to occur.
- Prepare patient for movement to Operating Room: Administer applicable preoperative medications, explaining the purpose of the drops to the patient; Monitor and record vital signs.
- Perform necessary physical care required by patient: administering O2, monitor vital signs.
- Follow post-operative orders: check blood pressure prior to discharge, administer medications and GGTS, disconnect IV.
- Ensure the patient has post-operative instructions when an accompanying adult is present and advise of follow-up appointment date.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing Program (LPN)
- Current and active registration with the relevant provincial regulatory body
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred
- Initiative and accuracy are essential
- Able to anticipate upcoming situations and make appropriate decisions, by listening, watching, understanding and anticipating
- Effective communication during the procedure (between the surgeon, circulating nurse and other team members) to allow for the exchange of relevant information
- Ability to work as part of a team, enhancing the safety of patient and others and increasing team cohesion to reduce errors
If you are interested in this position, please contact Catherine Brownlee at firstname.lastname@example.org