OR Nurse – Regina
With a legacy spanning over 30 years, Our Client is Canada’s largest and longest-serving broad based private surgery service provider. They have helped over 300,000 patients obtain access to much needed surgery and diagnostics.
An exciting career opportunity awaits you at our Client’s state-of-the-art Regina Surgical Centre for an experienced Operating Room Nurse. They are looking for a high energy individual to join a positive and compassionate fast-paced work environment, who wants to make an impact in the lives of others.
They specialize in:
- General Surgery
- Back Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Pediatric Dental
Why should you work for our Client?
Work/Life Balance: Our Client operates during regular business hours (and the occasional weekend), which means more time to spend with your family.
Remuneration: Our Client offers a competitive salary and compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage. They also offer a relocation package and a signing bonus. There are NO union dues, free parking and the ability to retire as you wish.
They believe in their People: Our Client promotes from within and are very passionate about career advancement. They are committed to fostering secure and rewarding work to meet your personal and professional goals. They believe in a safe, diverse and respectful workplace. They believe that the more diversity they have in their workplace, the greater that they can all gain from different experiences and perspectives.
One Company: Our Client strives to reshape the Canadian Health Care system, Through strategic partnerships with the local health regions, with a focus on increasing accessibility and reducing wait times. They are founded with the vision that there has to be a better way than the traditional system.
One Team: Our Client believes people are the difference. They are recognized by their peers a knowledgeable, experienced and passionate.
Their Goal: Our Client’s goal has always been to find innovative solutions to deliver ambulatory procedures, in partnership with the local health regions.
- Provide efficient and effective perioperative nursing.
- Knowledge of pre-op and post-op assessment, patient teaching, and documentation skills.
- Maintain surgical services in accordance with competency standards.
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of sterile techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills with an ability to work effectively with othersincluding patients and families.
- Demonstrated strong decision making, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict in a productive and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality care and safety with an ability to exercise sound professional judgment and use best practice guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- Experience and knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control measures.
- Ensure a high standard of care is maintained at all times, along with the delivery of competent, compassionate and efficient care.
- Ability to move between different site locations as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Graduation from Perioperative Certification course and 1 year related clinical experience
- Current and active registration with the relevant Saskatchewan regulatory body
- Proven experience as an operating room nurse in both circulating and scrub roles
- Understanding of ORNAC standards
- Current BLS certificate required, issued by Heart and Stroke Foundation, or a program recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Current (or willing to obtain) ACLS and PALS issued by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, Or a program recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications
If you are interested in this position, please contact Catherine Brownlee at firstname.lastname@example.org